We are looking for a (Junior) Finance Manager to join the team alongside our Head of Finance asap.
A role for finance enthusiasts who want more than just juggling numbers!
Bring your experience to the table and have the opportunity to develop your skills and experiences in the area of strategy as well as gain insights into the VC market.
Be the sparring partner for the Head of Finance and work independently on your projects. Together with your team you will drive processes and strategy in the areas of finance and ESG (environmental - social - governance). You will be assisted by an experienced leader who values your professional expertise and promotes your talents.
This awaits you:
- Analysis of fund performance and preparation of quarterly reports for private and institutional investors
- Continuous review, control, and design of internal processes such as budgeting and controlling as well as ad hoc finance projects
- Support and coordination of the external accounting firm in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements for management and fund companies
- Management of daily spending through our expense management tool, main contact for billing and payment matters
- Collecting and analysing ESG data of the portfolio companies and thereby continuously improving the ESG strategy
This makes you the perfect match:
- You love numbers and have an eye for detail
- You are curious about the VC market or have already gained first experiences here
- You think outside the box and like to develop new ideas in a team
- Ideally, you have a background in finance and/or accounting
- You have a hands-on mentality and excellent communication skills
- You are fluent in English and German
This is what we have for you:
- A newly renovated office in Berlin Mitte
- Our open team culture and amazing colleagues
- Regular team events and two offsites per year
- Fruit and drinks in the office at your disposal
- BVG monthly ticket
- Company pension scheme
This is a full-time position in Berlin, Germany.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to Adriana (firstname.lastname@example.org). We look forward to meeting you!
Founded in 2016 by a group of seasoned entrepreneurs, Cavalry Ventures is an early-stage venture capital firm in Berlin, Germany, that backs bold entrepreneurs in building a better future through technology. Cavalry is a first check investor and initially invests in European pre-seed or seed-stage technology companies, across the enterprise as well as consumer spaces.
Cavalry is defined by its entrepreneurial DNA. The team is driven by appreciation towards entrepreneurs and their will to turn extraordinary ideas into action. Through a dedicated Platform Team, Cavalry aims to connect its entrepreneurs to investors, engineers, academics, executives, industry experts, and others to create the optimal ecosystem for Cavalry portfolio companies to thrive.
Cavalry has backed more than 50 companies, including Forto (backed by Softbank), Bryter (backed by Tiger Global, Accel), Rekki (backed by Benchmark, Atomico), PlanRadar (backed by Insight), and Clarisights (backed by Sequoia).